- Valid teaching certificate
- Endorsement or approval in English as a Second Language
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of child growth and development, effective instructional strategies, classroom management, learning assessment and diagnosis, and research related to English language acquisition.
- The ESL Teacher provides specialized instruction for the purposes of developing the students’ ability to effectively perform courses of study in English and acquire the English language.
- Performs those activities listed in the district’s classroom teacher job description as appropriate and applicable.
- Plans, organizes, and provides instruction in English. Instruction must be consistent and coordinated with the district’s instructional program so that students meet and exceed learning targets and the requirements.
- Develops and delivers lesson plans utilizing a broad range of appropriate differentiated techniques and strategies addressing all aspects of communication that develop each student’s ability to read, write, speak, and listen in content areas at levels that ensure learners meet or exceed learning targets.
- Administers academic and language assessments for the purpose of evaluating student’s progress in meeting academic learning targets and progress in language acquisition. Maintains complete and accurate records of student’s progress and evidence of growth and progress.
- Provides a nurturing, supportive, and positive learning environment with high expectations that encourage student responsibility, enhance motivation, clearly communicate classroom routines, and incorporate challenging instructional strategies.
- Attends staff meetings as may be requested or as established by school policy. Understands and complies with the policies, rules, and regulations regarding the English learners. Advocates for the program needs that are required to meet the learning needs of English learner.
International Schools Consortium (iSC) is a nonprofit organization that, since 1986, has offered excellent academic programs to meet the intellectual, physical, and emotional needs of students. iSC has six schools in China, one school in the UAE, and helps to support various other educational initiatives globally.
iSC is a multi-school program, enabling students and teachers to participate in system-wide programs where they can interact with others outside of their immediate school. Students compete in basketball, volleyball and soccer tournaments, as well as music and choral festivals, and Model United Nations (MUN) conventions.
- Health Insurance
- Pre-field and on-field cultural training
- Monthly Salary
- Tuition for Children
- Eligibility for paid Master's degree program when a second (2 year) contract is signed
- Language Tutoring