Facilities and Operations Manager
Facilities Manager is a managerial function to oversee the smooth running of operation of the school including the areas of kitchen, maintenance, purchasing, cleaning, security and transportation.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Keep the Head Principal updated with law and regulations of international school business requirements.
- Participate in meetings and school-related decision making as needed.
- Arrange the logistic support for the School events including transportation, food, stage set up and other needs.
- Supervise the Head Chef to ensure the food and cleaning quality.
- Supervise the Maintenance Manager to ensure providing students and staff with a safe, attractive, comfortable, clean and efficient building in which to learn, play and study.
- Supervise the transportation manager to ensure the school buses run smoothly for the daily routes and special events.
- Ensure purchasing policy and procedure is followed.
- Manage and organize office projects such as office movement and renovation.
- Arrange meetings with security guard company to make sure all guards follow security policy.
- Arrange regular meetings with the bus company for training.
- Initiate and propose policy and procedure related to administration operation.
- Coordinate and arrange training for staff for positions including kitchen, maintenance, bus drivers, and security.
- Negotiate contracts with outsourced companies such as cleaning, buses, kitchen and security.
- Handle other office misc. tasks as assigned by Head of School.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor degree or above.
- Strong ability to multitask and stay organized.
- Possesses good communication and interpersonal skills while working with people from multiple cultures and backgrounds.
- Takes initiative to begin tasks and follows through to completion.
- Possesses good leadership skills, teamwork spirit and a serving heart.
International Schools Consortium (iSC) is a nonprofit organization that, since 1986, has offered excellent academic programs to meet the intellectual, physical, and emotional needs of students. iSC has six schools in China, one school in the UAE, and helps to support various other educational initiatives globally.
iSC is a multi-school program, enabling students and teachers to participate in system-wide programs where they can interact with others outside of their immediate school. Students compete in basketball, volleyball and soccer tournaments, as well as music and choral festivals, and Model United Nations (MUN) conventions.
- Health Insurance
- Pre-field and on-field cultural training
- Monthly Salary
- Tuition for Children
- Eligibility for paid Master's degree program when a second (2 year) contract is signed
- Language Tutoring