LDi Mobilization and Recruitment
Please remember Jenny Swecker, University and Events Recruiter; Brittany West, Applicant Liaison and Susan Phillips, Applicant Liaison/Partnership Development Coordinator for their trip November 29 - December 18 to the UAE and China. They are looking forward to connecting and encouraging the teams they visit in the UAE and China.
LDi and iSC Support Services
The LDi Youth Retreat ran November 13-16 in Shanghai. Students had a great time searching out dragon eggs in a “Capture the Flag”-style game in Century Park, and then exploring the downtown area both around and across from the Bund. Many students’ highlight was the day spent under magical blue skies in Shanghai Disneyland. Students went around the park in small groups, exploring rides and shows and how to get one’s photo taken with Captain Jack Sparrow or Snow White or Mickey Mouse.
In addition to the staff who spoke to high school, we also appreciate the high school students who shared with middle school during a time of mentoring and sharing their rich life experiences. LDi parents: you have some AMAZING kiddos! Thanks for sharing them with us for those days.
LDi Leadership Formation Services (LFS)
Scott Shaw, LDi Director of Coaching Services and Sophie Gu, LFS Coach and Trainer led a PREP Personality Profile training with senior leaders at New World Hotel a 5-star hotel in Wuhan, China. LFS offers leadership training, team building and courses to help our staff become certified coaches. For more information about training opportunities contact Scott Shaw at Scott.Shaw@ldichina.com
TWS-RAK: The WellSpring School, Ras al Khaimah
- We will celebrate UAE National Day on Tuesday, November 26.
CDIS: Chengdu International School
- CDIS hosted the Holiday Bazaar on Saturday with over 30 vendors from around the city, performances, food and guests from all around! We are preparing for the upcoming Christmas season with concerts and special events. The building is decorated with wreaths and trees and there are sights and sounds of the season everywhere.
- Please remember staff that have recently lost loved ones and those that have made emergency trips to be with family during critical times.
WYIS: Wuhan Yangtze International School
- WYIS celebrated International Day last Saturday. Their team enjoyed building connections with parents, government representatives, and community members.
ISQ: International School of Qingdao
- A BIG thank you to Karen Anderson, iSC Director of Adult Learning and her team for organizing and running the Yantai conference. Thank you to YHIS Head of School Samuel Goh and the YHIS team for hosting the conference.
- Our annual Christmas fair is being held on Saturday 30! We are excited for this great school and community event. Please remember all the families and staff preparing for the event. We are hoping for good weather, great conversations and for all the pieces to fall in place!
- We are looking forward to a number of lower elementary excursions this week – may they be a time of great joy for all involved.
TIS: Tianjin International School
- Our Annual Christmas Bazaar is coming up this Saturday, November 30. Ticket sales have been strong so we are looking forward to all the festivities and celebrations on that day with TIS family and friends.
- Please remember our Human Resources team, in particular our Visa Officers as they continues to work on renewing all our visas in time for Christmas break.